Friday, June 20, 2008

CIRB DECISION - TIME FRAME

Before I leave Toronto I was asked as to the time frame of when the CIRB would issue its decision in regards to the deposed against the UTU.

The Board usually issues its decision within 30 days however, given the complexity of the case and evidence presented, it may take longer than 30 days. On completion of the hearings yesterday the Board advised that it would issue the decision as soon as possible (I will advise of the results when received).

As to my personal case (Beatty against CN Rail) the matter is still pending as to whether the Board will hear my case or defer to Arbitration. The Board will be issuing a time line in which this important matter will be addressed and decided (I will keep you posted).

As noted on my earlier post, I will shortly be providing a series of posts as to how and why we were in front of the Board with respect to the deposed vs. UTU. To appreciate the information I will, as earlier presented, give my understanding of the final summations of both the UTU (Brian Shell) and the deposed. By providing the final summation the information that will follow will "connect the dots" to both parties positions.

Rex Beatty