Saturday, May 24, 2008

THANK YOU

As many of you are aware the Belleville Local had a “celebration” which they called “REXAPALOOZA”. The purpose of the celebration was to show support and solidarity for the deposed General Chairpersons and the Vice-General Chairpersons and to raise money for legal fees.

Many people from across the country attended and those who were unable to attend demonstrated their support by other means.

The genuine outpouring of friendship and support was nothing short of amazing.

For those of you who know me, it was the first time that I was lost for words. Even now I am struggling to express, on behalf of all of us, our extreme gratitude, appreciation and thanks.

As most of you know, the last year and a half has been extremely difficult for us and our families. We faced many dark days but it was the faith, dedication and undying support of our fellow workers that kept us strong and will keep us strong.

Representing this workforce has been and will always be one of the highpoints in my life, no matter what the future brings.

THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME THAT HONOUR AND PRIVILEGE.

As for the “REXAPALOOZA” celebration I would like to personally and humbly say thanks to;

CINDY LITTLE
MIKE BOOTH
THE DERAILERS
GLENN GOWER
ALLISON BOUVAIR
AND THE MANY OTHER PEOPLE THAT PROVIDED THE FOOD, REFRESHEMENTS AND GAVE OF THEIR TIME TO MAKE THIS CELEBRATION THE SUCCESS IT WAS.

I would also like to say a special thanks to Guy Ethier for his unwavering faith and support of me. Guy I know these are only words but as a friend I could ask for no better.

With bowed head and many thanks,

Rex Beatty