Saturday, April 5, 2008

UPCOMING POSTS

As most of you will note, I have yet to post my review of what transpired at the Federal Court of Appeal Canada during CN Rail's Judicial Review Application hearing (which was dismissed). I have, over the last couple of days, been preparing to travel to Montreal (leaving early tomorrow morning) as requested, to assist in pension matters and have not yet found the time to make my post available.

Having said that, I expect to post my review this coming Tuesday. I believe many of you will find it interesting in light of the position the UTU International advanced, which supported CN Rail.

There are many other matters which I am presently tracking down. For example, I have been informed that the UTU International has advised the General Committees of Adjustment that the UTU will no longer pay for the UTU participation in CROA (Canadian Railway Office of Arbitration). It is my understanding that the UTU International has advised the GCAs that they will have to pick up the cost if they wish to remain in CROA. I will attempt to get further information for posting and whether or not the UTU International will be lowering the dues of the Canadian membership as a result of their decision.

Please keep posted.

Rex Beatty